Vocoform exists to support marketplace solutions to remediate complex social issues. Utilizing the inherent creativity in entrepreneurism we support community of color businesses to flourish. Our emphasis is in 5 key areas as identified by barriered communities. These systems are: Education, Food, Service, Health, and Manufacturing. The following are a some of the experiments that have happened of just the last few years.
- Give Pizza A Chance: A food cart served as a training lab serving hand thrown pizza in downtown Portland.
- Arbor Lodge Urban Farm: The transformation of a ½ acre vacant lot into an income producing urban farm. Now experimenting with homesteading tiny residential homes on the same properties.
- Crepe and Berry: In partnership with a local grocery store we established a small crepe and smoothie stand in North Portland.
- Holla Pour Over Coffee Bar: Partnering with Holla (an organization devoted to rewriting the narrative of black and brown youth) we trained 8 women in pour-over coffee making.
- Urban Homestead Essentials: Designed as an income and community relations tool, we are providing firewood, mulch, and seeds to the community.
- Rolling Oasis Grocery: An urban bicycle based produce delivery business in a designated food desert in SE Portland.